When was the last time you washed your pillows? If you’re worried that you’ll ruin your favorite pillow or that your pillow isn’t washable, most pillows can be easily cleaned and returned to their original glory.
– hot water
– 1 cup of laundry detergent
– 1 cup of powdered dishwashing detergent
– 1 cup of bleach
– 1/2 cup of borax
– Check the label to confirm that your pillow can be machine washed
– Remove the pillow case and any pillow protection
– Fill the washing machine about 1/3 with hot water
– Add all the ingredients then start the machine. Allow it to agitate for a few minutes to makes sure all the detergents are dissolved before adding the pillows.
– Once the detergent are dissolved, add the pillows and then allow the washer to fill with hot water.
– Agitate the pillows for several minutes. Turn the pillows over to allow the top side get the full agitating effect. Agitate for several minutes more.
– Put your machine on the 2nd rinse cycle.