Bed bugs are some of the most feared insects, because they sleep with us, in our beds. These disgusting insects build their house in our mattress, and when the night comes, they start walking around biting human beings. You never know how they get inside your house, but you have to look carefully to you mattress if you want to avoid a bed bug itch.
If you are dealing with bed bugs and you don’t want to buy another mattress, then you should follow the next steps to get rid of bed bugs immediately without letting these small villains bite you.
1. Carefully inspect all the beds and mattresses in the house, including the places where pets are sleeping, to see if you are facing an invasion. Bed bugs can be seen during the night when they become active with a fluorescent lamp.
2. Carefully vacuum the mattress with a steam cleaner. Heat kills both adult bed bugs and their eggs.
3. If the first method doesn’t work, call the disinsectisation team.
4. Carefully check the furniture around the bed, because it can also be infected. It’s advisable to take it out, in an airy place, to wash it and spray it with insecticide. Also, all clothes should be washed at high temperatures to remove any small bug.
5. Vacuum and ventilate the mattress regularly until you notice that these insects disappear completely.
Image Credits: Askentomologists