Hardwood floors are something you should tread carefully with especially when it comes to cleaning. This kind of floors requires special care in order to maintain their beautiful finish and luster. Fortunately for us, you don’t even need commercial products. All you need is the common household item, the vinegar. This would be safe to use in cleaning your gorgeous hardwood floors. Furthermore, you can use it safely without worrying about the exposure of dangerous toxins that can harm your home environment. Finally, vinegar will also kill bacteria, mold, and viruses. It is really the best option when it comes to hardwood floors. Keep reading and see this step-by-step guide to clean them effectively.
The Step-By-Step Guide To Clean Your Hardwood Floors With White Vinegar:
1. Remove any objects from the floor by moving the furniture to make sure you clean the floors completely.
2. The best time to do this cleaning is when you are alone at home so your family won’t step on the wet floor.
3. Begin by vacuuming the floor to remove any dirt, dust, or lint before mopping.
4. Fill a clean bucket with a solution of 1/2 a cup of white vinegar and 1 gallon of warm water.
5. Soak a clean mop into the bucket with the solution and wring it very well so it will be damp-dry. You should never use a soaking wet mop on the hardwood floors.
6. Then, simply mop the floors, as usual, starting in one corner. Also, make sure you follow the direction of the floorboards when mopping. That way, any traces of water won’t be as visible if they dry with a bit of a streak.
7. You should also rinse the mop head frequently and change the water if the solution begins to get dirty.
8. Lastly, after mopping, using a soft and clean towel, start drying your hardwood floors. You should never leave a lot of water on wood floors because that’s how moisture and fungus appear out of nowhere.