It is important to take special care when cleaning hardwood floors. Keeping these floors in a beautiful finish and luster requires special care. The good news is that commercial products aren’t even necessary. A simple household item, vinegar, will do the trick. Your gorgeous hardwood floors can be cleaned safely with this solution. Moreover, it is safe to use without worrying about exposure to dangerous chemicals that could harm your home environment. Last but not least, vinegar can also kill bacteria, mold, and viruses. When it comes to hardwood floors, it is the most suitable option. Here is a step-by-step guide to cleaning them effectively.
🧹 The Step-By-Step Guide To Clean Your Hardwood Floors With White Vinegar:
1. Make sure that all objects on the floor are removed.
2. This cleaning should be done when you are alone at home, so your family won’t step on the wet floor.
3. Prior to mopping, vacuum the floor to remove dust, dirt, and lint.
4. Fill a clean bucket with a solution of 1/2 a cup of white vinegar and 1 gallon of warm water.
5. Soak a clean mop into the bucket and wring it very well so it will be damp-dry. Never mop hardwood floors with a wet mop.
6. Then, simply mop the floors as usual, working your way from one corner. Mopping should also be done in the direction of the floorboards. This way, any traces of water won’t be as obvious if they dry streaky.
7. If the solution begins to get dirty, rinse the mop head frequently and change the water.
8. Once you have mopped your hardwood floors, use a soft and clean towel to dry them (when there is a lot of water on wood floors, moisture and fungus are bound to develop.)