Even if you clean hardly every spot of your house, the faucets can be a real challenge when it comes to cleaning, especially if you live in an area with hard water. Hard water influences the appearance of limescale deposits, which will take away the gloss of taps.
In severe cases, limescale deposits may partially block running water. Limescale is hard to remove, but an effective cleaning product can give some incredible results. And the following natural cleaning product can bring back the shine to your taps.
White vinegar and lemon juice
A useful remedy to remove the limescale from taps involves preparing a mixture of white vinegar and water. You can replace white vinegar with lemon juice.
– ½ cup of white vinegar or lemon juice
– ½ cup of water
1. Mix the above ingredients and soak a paper towel or a clean cloth in the solution. Wrap the taps with the cloth soaked in vinegar.
2. Then cover the taps with a plastic bag.
3. Let the solution act for at least an hour.
4. Remove the bag and cloth.
5. Then rub the taps well with a brush.
6. Rinse them with plenty of water, and then dry them with a dry cloth.
This trick can also help you to remove the limescale accumulated on coffee makers and the kettle. It will look shiny as new!
Image Credits: Purechoice