When you plan on hosting a fancy dinner with your friends and family, bringing out the silverware would be a nice touch to the setting table. Whether it is the entire service, the trays or pitchers, the silverware is can definitely bring out that elegant design to any dinner. However, if you don’t actually use it often, your silverware is probably not in its best condition. Thus, if you want to leave a good impression, you need to take care of them. Hence, learn in this article how to bring back their shine with the best method to clean and polish your silverware at home.
For this to work, first you will need to gather your supplies for a successful cleaning:
– some aluminum foil
– a bowl
– a cup of boiling water
– 1 tablespoon baking soda
– 1 tablespoon sea salt
– about 1/2 cup white vinegar
– a rag for polishing
Simply follow these instructions and you’re all set:
1. First off, boil the water on the stove.
2. Then, line the bowl with aluminum foil and start adding the baking soda and sea salt.
3. Next, slowly pour in the bowl the boiling water and the vinegar. Vinegar will help tremendously because it will help speed up the cleaning which is what we all want.
4. Then, simply place the silver into your dish. While placing, make sure that every piece of silverware is touching the aluminum surface. This will only take around 30 seconds. However, if your silverware is even more tarnished, you could let them soak for a longer time, maybe 1-2 minutes.
5. Lastly, use the rag to buff any remaining spots.
There you go, now you can have clean and shiny silverware back to its original glory!